The Hospital Mexico Americano, (Mexican American Hospital) of Guadalajara, Mexico, opened its doors in 1958 with a vision to work even beyond its walls to provide quality medicine for needy people across Mexico and internationally. Its Community Extension Program does this by providing medicines, materials, and supplies for volunteer and staff physicians, nurses, and dentists who share this vision to go out and serve in these regions. It also receives many needy patients for treatment in its facilities.
The Hospital Mexico Americano has partnered with Manos Hermanas, A.C., since its formation, as now with our “One Step At A Time” prostheses for leg amputees and Family Garden projects, and a recent community cervical cancer-screening program. The HMA often provides medical / dental services in conjunction with our different community projects and programs.